Bombastic StarLeague 14
- Big Announcements
- How do I sign up?
- How do I qualify for each division?
- BSL14 ProLeague schedule
- Map pool
- Prize pool
- BSL Points
- BSL16 World Championship
- Tournament rules
- BSL14 Ladder Stage
- BSL14 ProLeague Ro24
- BSL14 ProLeague Ro16
- BSL14 ProLeague Bracket
- BSL14 GosuLeague Ro32
- BSL14 GosuLeague Ro16
- BSL14 GosuLeague Bracket
From the very beginning, the goal of the Bombastic StarLeague was to focus on developing the talent of players outside of South-Korea. We believe that you can only dedicate yourself when you have a consistent way of testing yourself! That’s why our plan for 2022 is to create THREE Seasons of BSL:
- BSL14 with Regional Ladder Seeds
- BSL15 with Continental Championships
- BSL16 as BSL2022 World Championship
Thanks to our sponsors and crowdfunding, we already have funds for the prize pool and production of BSL14, as well as a big part of the prize pool of BSL15! All we need to do is meet the donation goals during the streams and we will have three BSL Seasons this year!
- NEW SPONSOR! We are proud to announce that we have partnered with OptiMonk - https://www.optimonk.com/
- We are also proud to announce that eSport.Fund is coming back yet again to support BSL!
Let’s introduce our new sponsor:
OptiMonk's founder was an avid Hungarian StarCraft player in the early 2000s (nickname: Cameleon). Now they are building marketing solutions for small businesses, with more than 40,000 customers. They believe that every brand deserves the best tools to compete against the Amazons of the world.
Let’s thank our wonderful sponsors for enabling us to have BSL14 and most certainly BSL15! We are still looking for sponsors for BSL16, so spread the word!
But now hold onto your seats, because we prepared an incredible year for you, with many exciting changes!
Rundown of BSL in 2022:
- BSL14 with Regional Ladder Seeds: $5,000
- BSL15 Continental Regional Championships: min. $500 each
- BSL15 Season final : $4,000
- BSL16 World Championship: TBA
In addition to cash rewards, BSL seasons 14 and 15 award participants Bombastic Points, which will later be used to determine 16 of the 32 players seeded into BSL16.
How do I sign up?
- Create a new account using the BSL14- tag on any gateway BSL-<YourNickName>, e.g. BSL14-Hatchet, BSL14-HaN, BSL14-ZZZero, ...
- Head over to: https://bombasticstarleague.com/
- Register on the site and add your in-game account to the rankings
- Launch StarCraft:Remastered and start laddering! The Ladder Stage commences on January 28 and closes on February 18 at 23:59 CET
- Join BSL Discord https://discord.gg/rFANYvZ
- Adding or changing your BSL-account on a website will be prohibited during the last 72 hours of ladder stage. Please don’t add your account at the very last moment to avoid any confusion.
How do I qualify for each division? (CHANGES AHEAD!)
- ProLeague (Ro16 - min. 50 games, Ro24 - min. 40 games)
a) Latin America Ladder -> 1st place -> Ro16, 2nd - 5th -> Ro24
b) North America Ladder -> 1st place -> Ro16, 2nd - 5th -> Ro24
c) Europe + Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Egipt, Georgia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Turkey - Ladder -> 1st place -> Ro16, 2nd - 5th -> Ro24
d) Asia + Oceania Ladder -> 1st - 4th - Ro24 (Mihu is already in Ro16)
e) World Ladder / Open Ladder -> 1st - 4th -> Ro24
Ro24 Seeds: CadenZie, Sziky, Dewalt, gypsy
Ro16 Seed: Mihu
If a player seeded into Ro24 qualifies for Ro16, their spot is distributed to their region.
You can ask any questions regarding region seeds in the #feedback channel on the BSL discord.
- The top #5-36 players from the Ladder Stage get seeded into BSL14 GosuLeague Ro32 [Required minimum 25 games]
- Players ranked #37 to #68 from the Ladder Stage get seeded into BSL14 HasuLeague [Required minimum 25 games]
- All remaining Ladder Stage participants who completed at least 25 ladder games get seeded into BSL14 ChoboLeague
BSL Season 14 Format
- Ro24 Group Stage – Six groups of four players each, double elimination, first two matches [initial matches] - best-of-one, last three matches - best-of-three. The top 2 players in each group advance to the Ro16.
- Ro16 Group Stage – Four groups of four players each, double elimination, best-of-three. The top 2 players in each group advance to the Ro8.
- Ro8, Ro4 and 3rd place match – Single elimination bracket, best-of-five.
- Grand Finals – Best-of-seven.
GosuLeague and HasuLeague
- Ro32 Group Stage – Eight groups of four players each, double elimination, best-of-one. The top 2 players in each group advance to the Ro16.
- Ro16 Group Stage – Four groups with four players each, double elimination, best-of-three. The top 2 players in each group advance to the Ro8.
- Ro8 and Ro4 – Single elimination bracket, best-of-five.
- Grand finals – Best-of-seven.
- RoXX Group Stage - 8 groups with XX players in each, best-of-one. ROUND ROBIN. The top 4 players of each group advance to Ro32.
- Ro32 Group Stage - 8 groups with four players in each, best-of-one. Double elimination. The top 2 players of each group advance to Ro16.
- Ro16 Group Stage – Four groups with four players each, double elimination, best-of-one in the WB and best-of-three in the LB. The top 2 players in each group advance to the Ro8.
- Ro8 and Ro4 – Single elimination bracket, best-of-five.
- Grand finals – Best-of-seven.
BSL14 ProLeague schedule
28.01.2022 - 18.02.2022 Ladder Stage
20.02.2022 - Ro24 Group draw
26.02.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 1
27.02.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 2
05.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 3
06.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 4
12.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 5
13.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro24 Group 6 + Group draw
19.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro16 Group 1
20.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro16 Group 2
26.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro16 Group 3
27.03.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro16 Group 4
02.04.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro8 Day 1
03.04.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro8 Day 2
09.04.2022 - 18:30 CET - Ro4
10.04.2022 - 18:30 CET - 3rd place and Grand Finals
We reserve the right to change schedule if necessary.
First maps for each round
RO24 Group Stage:
Game 1 & 2 = Ascension
Winners Match = Good Night (first map)
Losers Match & Advancement Match = Butter (first map)
RO16 Group Stage:
Game 1 & 2 = Monopoly (first map)
Winners Match = Eclipse (first map)
Losers Match & Advancement Match = Metaverse (first map)
Choosing second/third map rules: winner bans one map, loser choose map from remaining maps in the map pool.
All matches during the bracket are Bo5. Grand Finals are Bo7. All vetoes and map picks need to be made before the matches. The player with the higher ladder stage ranking can decide if they want to veto first or second. The order for vetoes is AB ABABC for BO5 and ABABABC for BO7.
Example of vetoes for the BO5 match:
player A vetoes a map
player B vetoes a map
player A picks the first map
player B picks the second map
player A picks the third map
player B picks the fourth map
the remaining map will be played in the decider match
Once all vetoes and mappicks are done you can start the matches.
Prize pool distribution
The BSL14 Proleague prize pool of $5,000
1st place - $2000 + BSL16 World Championship Seed
2nd place -$1200 + 700 BSL Points
3rd place - $650 + 500 BSL Points
4th place - $350 + 400 BSL Points
5-8th place - $150 + 350 BSL Points
9th-12th place - $50 + 300 BSL Points
13rd - 16th place - 300 BSL Points
17th - 28th place - 250 BSL Points
The BSL14 Gosuleague
1st place - $100 + 300 BSL Points
2nd place - $50 + 250 BSL Points
3rd place - 200 BSL Points
4th place - 125 BSL Points
5-8th place - 75 BSL Points
Bombastic Points will be awarded throughout BSL seasons 14 & 15 based on rankings. These points will then be used to determine the 16 players seeded into the BSL16 2022 Championship.
BSL Points distribution
BSL16 World Championship
I. Ladder Stage Qualifications - Start TBA
II. Ladder Tournaments - similar to previous seasons
III. Leagues and seeds distribution
Champion of BSL Season 14,
Champion of BSL15 NA,
Champion of BSL15 SA,
Champion of BSL15 EU,
Champion of BSL15 AS
Champion of BSL15 Season Finals
- BSL Points - 16 seeds
- BSL Ladder - 10 seeds
Ro32 - 8 groups, 4 players each group, best-of-three, top2 advance
Ro16 - 4 groups, 4 players each group, best of three, top2 advance
Ro8 - 1 group for 8 players, round robin, best-of-three, top6 advance to stepladder finals -> TOP6 vs TOP5, winner vs TOP4, winner vs TOP3, winner vs TOP2 & Finals.
1. Everyone must join the BSL Official Discord channel.
2. Confirmation after ladder stage
Every player who played in the BSL14 ladder stage, has to confirm their participation in the tournament on BSL Discord:
a) ProLeague - within 12 hours after ladder stage ends
b) GosuLeague, HasuLeague & ChoboLeague - within one week from ladder stage end
3. Qualification restrictions
Players who have previously played in ProLeague (Seasons 5-13) can't qualify for Hasu and Chobo leagues. Players who ever played in GosuLeague (Seasons 6-13) can't qualify for ChoboLeague. Players who weren't able to reach the needed MMR will have to skip this BSL Season.
4. The tournament is residency locked
The goal of the Bombastic StarLeague is to focus on the development of players outside of Korea. Therefore, only players that are living outside of South Korea can participate in this tournament.
a) Everyone can add up to FIVE BSL14-accounts on bombasticstarleague.com. Highest placed account will appear on the ranking. Using multiple accounts on the BSL website is not allowed. If you want to merge your accounts, please contact admins on Discord. Penalty for breaking this rule is a BAN for the BSL Season.
b) Sharing accounts is not allowed - one battle.net account can be used by one player only.
Upon confirming their participation, players need to declare race and matchups they play for the entire season.
7. Regular match rules
Players must be online and available on Battle.net channel Op BSL (Europe) 15 minutes before their scheduled match. Secondary channel of communication is BSL Discord server.
15 minutes after scheduled time, if one of the players not responding, his opponent may claim a technical win for one game.
15 minutes after that he can claim a win for the whole series.
It is not allowed to livestream your games or announce the result before they have been officially casted.
8. Playing matches before the schedule
Every match prior to the Elimination Stage can be played ahead of schedule if both players and admins agree.
Contact your opponent and set up the date to play. We strongly suggest using BSL Discord for this so admins can keep track of things.
On the selected day, play your match. Apply the same rules as for a regular match - use Op BSL and Discord to communicate.
If both players were unable to play on their selected date/time or weren't able to set one up, match should be played as it was scheduled.
It is not allowed to livestream your games or announce the result if you are playing your match earlier.
Winner of the match must upload the replays to the admins.
Any match can be played using ShieldBattery if both players and admins agree. For more info please visit the ShieldBattery website.
Default Turn Rate setting is DTR. If both players agree, Turn Rate setting can be changed.
If one of the players gets disconnected from the game before the 2-minute mark, the game must be replayed. If one of the players had an advantage after the 2 minute mark, the decision is up to the admin.
12. Casting the game
Everyone should allow ZZZero or any other responsible person to join the game for broadcast.
13. Unsportsmanlike conduct
Any menace, insults, toxicity, bad manners, racism, homophobia, sexism and any kind of behavior which will be treated as offensive as well as unsportsmanlike conduct will be punished in BSL. If no mitigating circumstances are found, the penalty is the BAN from the BSL season.
14. Prize distribution
Winners of cash prizes are required to contact ZZZero on Discord to agree on the desired form of payment of the prize. Default payment form is via Paypal. Winners must also send Name + Surname and address. The cost of sending funds and commissions are covered by the recipient.
15. Personal data
Anyone who is participating in the tournament agree to the processing of their personal data, which they made available to the organizer or which are accessible publicly.
16. Additional info
Anyone who is participating in the tournament and is listed in the PEP, SDN or OFAC lists is obligated to contact the organizer.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone from the Staff on the Discord channel.